Monday, January 25, 2010

Internship #12






Personally, I only work with a couple of people: myself and my mentor. Most of what I do is self-directed so I don't need a lot of outside input on the project, which means I'm left to work how I see fit. However, I am constantly on the phone with people outside of the workplace to try and get information that I can use for my project. In this way, the entire company is indirectly affected by my work! Advertising brings mucho dinero, and I'm the one who makes it happen. I'm calling people to get their business, they're sending me information and I'm putting it all together in one cohesive and coherent project. The employees here can then use this project to get an idea of where to go next. They will design relevant ads and release them to companies that seem lucrative. This affects the community as well as the company. The community sees the ads and calls Michigan Power Rodding, which leads to more business, and, ultimately, more money. Since these people are not working for or with the company, it's an indirect relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment